The terms “we”, “us”, “our” or “Company” refer to TalkMed Group Limited and/ or its related corporations, including but not limited to its Affiliates().
We will follow this policy and comply with all data protection and confidentiality obligations imposed by the law including the Personal Data Protection Act and Private Hospitals and Medical Clinics Act (Cap. 248) of Singapore.
What is personal data?
Under this policy, personal data means any information or combination of information, relating, directly or indirectly to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Personal data may include, inter alia, your name, identification number, passport number, nationality, date of birth, gender, contact details (including address, email address and telephone numbers), your images, your medical history (including allergy information, your other medical records and/or any other information which have been provided to us or we may have access to, in the course of your interaction with us.
Use of personal data of other people such as your next-of-kin or other family members is deemed to have been consented by the said party to our collection, use and disclosure of his/her personal data for the purposes outlined in this policy.
Why do we collect and use personal data?
Conduct and development of our business
Such purposes include activities, among others, as follows:
- Execution of agreements with various entities and individuals including our employees, job applicants, clients, customers, business partners, personnel, contractors, suppliers and other individuals;
- Marketing, sales and promotions;
- Management of accounts of various entities and individuals including our employees, job applicants, clients, customers, business partners, personnel, contractors, suppliers and other individuals;
- Creation, storage and backup of customer (patient) records;
- Providing service and support to customers including:
- Booking/ processing of appointments, services, admissions, referrals, discharge;
- Processing and collecting payment for treatment and services;
- Reimbursement from healthcare providers to patients;
- Responding to queries or feedback;
- Addressing or investigating complaints, claims or disputes;
- Verification of identity for various checks;
- Research and development;
- Purchasing/ availing of our services (such as provision of outpatient and inpatient medical treatment as well as others services including management and coordination of care);
- Investor relations management;
- Performance of business analytics and planning;
- Review of our services and to ensure continual care;
- Government and legal affairs;
- Mergers and acquisitions, collaborations as well as other corporate actions; and/or
- Management of intellectual property and standards.
Marketing, sales and promotion
- Conducting marketing and promotion by the Company and/ or our Affiliates or partners;
- Telemarketing messages will not be sent to your contact number unless we have your recorded permission in writing or otherwise to do so.
Photography and closed-circuit television (“CCTV”)
- Images, videos and/or sound recording in which you may be captured that may be taken in and around our premises from time to time;
- The photographs and/or recordings may appear in our publications, websites and other communication channels as well as third party media;
- Images, videos and/or sound recording that may be captured on CCTV that is in operation on our premises as part of our security system;
- Any other purposes relating to or arising out of the above.
Your personal data may be disclosed to third parties, who may be located in Singapore or elsewhere to achieve the purposes stated in this policy. Such parties include but are not limited to the following:
- Medical practitioners, our partners and/ or other healthcare professionals who are providing or have provided treatments, products and services that are requested by you or for the conducting of marketing/promotions with your expressed consent;
- Third parties including but not limited to medical concierges, insurance agencies, business associates and professional advisors;
- Other healthcare providers, facilities or other agents where the sharing of information is required for disclosure permitted by the law;
- National registers and databases that document various conditions and treatments where required and permitted for disclosure by the law;
- Any person who is involved in your care or payment for your care (including a family member, friend or your caregiver or caregiving organisation) and any person that has been authorised by you to be contacted; and
- Other parties in connection with corporate transactions including but not limited to sale of a business, assets or stock as well as reorganisation, merger and joint venture;
- Public or government authorities when required by law.
We may also collect, use and disclose personal data where required or permitted by law for any other purposes.
How long will your personal data be retained?
Your personal data will be retained for the period required to serve the applicable business purpose; to the extent necessary to comply with an applicable legal requirement; and/or as advised by local laws.
After the applicable retention period has ended, your personal data shall be appropriately disposed, de-identified (through removal of identifiable components, obfuscation, pseudonymisation, anonymisation, or any other means) and/or transferred to an archive (unless this is prohibited by applicable data protection related laws) of your personal data.
How do we protect your personal data?
We are committed to maintaining the security of all personal data processed by us and we will restrict to data/information that is reasonable, adequate for, and/or relevant to the purposes set out in this policy.
To protect your personal data, we take appropriate measures, and we also require our external parties to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal data. Depending on the state of the art, the costs of implementation and the nature of the data/information to be protected, we have put in place physical, technical and organisational measures to prevent risks such as destruction, loss, misuse, alteration, and unauthorised disclosure of or access to your personal data.
If you have any reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please contact us at the details provided in “How to contact us?” below).
How to contact us?
If you have questions or concerns regarding your personal data or any aspect of this policy, please contact our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amendments and updates
We may amend this policy from time to time but will be make the updated policy available on our website at www.talkmed.com.sg. The latest policy will be enforced each time personal data is collected, used or disclosed.
() “Affiliates” are entities that control, are controlled by, or are under common control, in each case either directly or indirectly with either a subsidiary or related corporation of the Group, where “control” means the ownership of or the power to vote representing more than 50% of voting stock, shares or interests of such entities.